Monday 20 April 2009

Compress-Squash-Flatten



Since late 2006 I have been researching the effect of these three things on materials and landscapes.
I am now turning my focus to how these things effect bodies and relationships, physically and psychologically.

The form of this next exploration will be a performance, loosely a duet performed by two dancers on the 4Th of July 2009 in London. The piece was made partially in response to '30 Pieces of Silver' by Cornelia Parker and various Paula Reago paintings as well as the exploration in materials that I have carried out over the past two years.

You can watch some footage here www.youtube.com/alexizeldastevens. the piece is called 'You Are A Lid to Me' .

Encounter as a project wants to collaborate, and is the foundation of a collective.

The next series of posts present the most significant findings of previous research, and opens up my working process to my audience, that includes you.. by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment